New Aspire 7 almost gave up two days after being bought.

ElectrifyingOnyx
ElectrifyingOnyx Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello everyone! I hope you're all doing well.

So...I'm completely new to this entire community and all, but I hope I'll be able to get some good advice from here.

Anyways. About 5 days ago I bought a new laptop since my old one was starting to get fall apart and didn't really fit my purposes anymore. I bought an Acer Aspire 7 A717-72G for about 900€ and it delivered really quick and came last friday.

So...Everything was working fine with the device and all, until Saturday evening when I used the laptop for a couple hours, I managed to get the battery down to 27%, and since it was getting late, I went to plug it in. It was still working normally at this point but maybe knowing what I did before will help resolve my issue.

Anyhow, I opened a new tab in my browser to access my Office account, since I wanted to Sign in my work I did the entire evening to Teams. So, when I opened Teams online it just loaded for a couple seconds and then....

the computer completely froze.

I tried everything in order to unfreeze it but nothing worked. Even the system time was frozen and Ctrl+Alt+Delete didn't work as well, so I held the power button until it turned off.

I then turned it on again, but it didn't work. The keyboard was lit, and the system played the typical "Bleep" sound when I plugged it out. But there was nothing on the screen.

So, after some research I decided to plug it out and press the battery reset button. I then let it sit over night.

The next day, which is today, I tried turning the thing on again, and it actually worked! However the Acer symbol showed but then for a second it flashed "Installing System Update" and went black. The screen shortly after lit up again, and displayed the same message along with the Logo. 

Then, the system's fans suddenly went FULL POWER without any warning as it "installed the update". After a few minutes it was over. The device turned off, then back on, probably off once more and then on again.

And surprisingly...everything was working completely normal again.

Same CPU usage,

Same RAM usage.

It works perfectly fine again.

Thing is...the laptop is only 2 days old...Is something like that supposed to happen so early? I know I could just forget about all this and live on with the laptop, but I can replace iit until the 20th of February. Do you think I should replace it just to be safe that I don't have malfunctioning device or should I just leave it like thst?

I look forward to reading all your answers!

Answers

• RobertJW
    RobertJW Member Posts: 1 New User
    Don't waste your time on trying to understand why a 2-day old laptop goes on the fritz. Take it back. Today!
  • Has the big Acer logo been shown with a green progress bar? If yes, then the firmware driver has been updated. This driver also updates bios!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • ElectrifyingOnyx
    ElectrifyingOnyx Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
    edited January 2019
    Has the big Acer logo been shown with a green progress bar? If yes, then the firmware driver has been updated. This driver also updates bios!
    No, it didn't. The first time the logo showed it only flashed the text for a second and went black. The second time it only displayed the Windows loading circles going around underneath the logo.
  • If the notebook is working perfectly, I would continue testing to see if the problem will occur again or not!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)