My nitro 5 is brand new but sooooo slow

Options
Imrankul123
Imrankul123 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
hi i just bought laptop and ws exited. It has optane memory so i had to manualy enable it. But even its so slow. The laptop is unuasable. It freezes every second. Very slow. I tried every thing. And i mean everything so my only option is to send it to services. And one weird thig is my laptop is much more slower when the charger is plugged in. Any dvice or help please?

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,104 Trailblazer
    Options
    Hi,
    Do you have any trial version AV programs(McAfee, Norton etc) installed, if so uninstall it and see whether it helps, google for appropriate removal tool to uninstall it, also the Optane memory needs few reboots to memorise your work pattern, so be patient. 
  • gaon97
    gaon97 Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter
    Options
    Hi, I'll just leave some suggestions here.

Just a quick look
    1. Check your power management settings, maybe it's not configured at High Performance for when it is plugged in
    2. See if there is a lot running in the background, the Task manager will show you what's hogging resources and the programs that start on boot-up

A bit more hassle
    2. Try formatting the hard drive and perform a clean install of Windows
    3. Make sure the drivers are up to date (this includes the BIOS, though you'll need to be more careful when updating the BIOS)

For these, you'll need a screwdriver 
    3. If it only has 4GB RAM, upgrade it to 8GB. It worked for my Aspire E14-476G really well, I believe running in dual-channel memory helps in the performance somewhat.
    4. Optane memory can only do so much, it is basically a cache for your HDD. It helps with its performance but not significantly. I bought a 128GB ADATA NVMe SSD which not only sped up my boot-up times but everything is just s responsive. I was hesitant at first about spending more for an SSD but it was worth the money. 128GB may not be enough for you unless you're using it primarily as a boot drive with 1 or 2 small games.

The easiest would be to send it to an Acer Service Centre but unless if it were hardware related issues, I would remedy it myself at home for the time and cost savings.
  • Imrankul123
    Options
    I want to change my hdd to ssd but than i need atleast 1tb ssd and thats too much
  • Imrankul123
    Options
    And i fixed it, the auto update for windows 10 dont work, so i had to manually install newest windows update and my pc now works fast. But another problem is when i try to open any games they take 10-20 minutes to load, all games not oly one. Any help?
  • Jenicachen
    Jenicachen Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

Options
    Slow response from laptop is mostly due to OS issue. Try also to upgrade your RAM atleast 8GB. Disable background apps. Settings - Privacy - Background Apps Tab. Disable.All