My Predator Helios 300 GPU fan has stopped working. Help?

Matsimus
Matsimus Member Posts: 9 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I had my laptop since christmas 2017. And its was good. But i ran out of memory so i installed a SSD to download som steam games. It worked as intended first day of playing with the new Harddrive but next morning the GPU stopped working and my games got up to 98 Celsius. And FPS dropped for all my games and in the end the games shutdown. (Ark, Destiny 2, LoL ect). 

Predator sense «GPU is not diskrét idle» or something like that. 

What is the solution for this? Thanks in advance! (I live in Norway and acer customer support is really bad here)

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    edited January 2019
    Hi! Does gpu appear in the device manager? What is the exact model of your notebook? Example v3-571! Have you set the game to be started by the nvidia video card in the video card's settings?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Matsimus
    Hi! Does gpu appear in the device manager? What is the exact model of your notebook? Example v3-571! Have you set the game to be started by the nvidia video card in the video card's settings?
    I dont know how i can check the model or device manager. It is Acer care center? 

The games are scanned in Geforce experience and it worked yesterday so i thought all was good. Sorry for being nooby. Im quite new to this.
  • Verify here:

and here:
    Sem ttulopng
    Sem ttuloqpng
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Matsimus
    Video game card is GTX 1060. And the games are showing its starting with it.
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Matsimus
    Everything u showed me is as it should. But gpu is still not working.
  • Can you specify the model of your notebook? Example an515-51-75kz! Make sure your notebook is set to boot normally here:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Matsimus
    Can you specify the model of your notebook? Example an515-51-75kz! Make sure your notebook is set to boot normally here:

My System-SKU is 0000000000000000 (x16) 
    i am not kidding. How is that?
  • Matsimus

this is the system u were asking for?
  • Matsimus

This is the issue im trying to solve.
  • Have you tried disabling fast start up in power options and restarting the notebook? Ever tested reinstalling the factory operating system by pressing alt + f10 before the Acer logo?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Matsimus
    Have you tried disabling fast start up in power options and restarting the notebook? Ever tested reinstalling the factory operating system by pressing alt + f10 before the Acer logo?
    I tried the slow start up. But it didnt solve my problem. I did try to reset my computer but not in the way you discribed. How can i do that exactly?
  • here my friend:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFuWwuc2oH4
    you need to back up your files

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Matsimus
    Hello thanks for your help. I found the problem. My fan are stuck couse the dust build up. So i have to clean it. 
  • Can you send a photo so that other users can see the solution?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer