Aspire E1 522 with only1 RAM slot

LeoT
LeoT Member Posts: 3 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello I've an Aspire E1 522 and I would expand RAM, but opening the back accessing HD there is no RAM slot for expansion, just a single slot putter under cover. Is it possible? I saw around many video and picture where are present also a free slot accessible for expansion. Is it possible that there are models with just 1 single RAM slot?

Best Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,652 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    @LeoT
    When i check the specs i do see this unit has 2 slots for the RAM. One is embedded other one is given in the below picture. So you can put expand RAM on this unit.
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

System Memory
     Two DIMM slots supports DDR3L-1333/1600 DDR3L SO-DIMM
    8 GB maximum memory capacity (using two 4 GB modules)
    Supports dual channel

• Jack22
    Answer ✓
    @LeoT
    Its already been 3 years , so i dont think the store might help you. If you wish check with any local tech in your area to check whether there is another slot. If there no other slot for expanding RAM than i guess you have to work only with one RAM slot.

Answers

• Jack22
    Answer ✓
    @LeoT
    When i check the specs i do see this unit has 2 slots for the RAM. One is embedded other one is given in the below picture. So you can put expand RAM on this unit.

System Memory
     Two DIMM slots supports DDR3L-1333/1600 DDR3L SO-DIMM
    8 GB maximum memory capacity (using two 4 GB modules)
    Supports dual channel

• LeoT
    I know seems unbelievable but the second unit where adding RAM is missed... There is no second DIMM slot. I bought the laptop on a certified computer store 3 years ago and just now looking to add extra hw, that's reason while just discovered. What I have to do?
  • Jack22
    Answer ✓
    @LeoT
    Its already been 3 years , so i dont think the store might help you. If you wish check with any local tech in your area to check whether there is another slot. If there no other slot for expanding RAM than i guess you have to work only with one RAM slot.

• LeoT
    No way to ask ACER a check about serial number to understand reason while this have just 1 solt?
  • Jack22
    @LeoT
    If you want you can check with Acer but not sure whether they will be able to help you now ,since the unit is out of warranty