Front panel connector alignment, filler panel

Splorg
Splorg Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 15 in 2019 Archives
Hello,
I recently picked up a Predator G3-605 for the better part of nothing, moved it to 16g of RAM and added a 2TB mechanical drive and a GTX 1050 Ti. Nice little machine. I have a few minor issues and questions, though.

1) the top/front panel USB/SD reader slots and thier cover plastic are badly misaligned; so much so I had to pull the front bezel and remove the two retaining screws from the bottom of the trim to push it out of the way when using them. I'd like to correct this, but how on Earth do you get the top "handle" trim with the power switch off the thing?

2) does anyone know where I can find a filler plate for under the optical drive? I'm having no luck.

3) for the love of all that's holy, why are the drives powered off the main board on this machine? I replaced the power supply (had to order an adapter, don't get me started - looking at you, Acer) and moved the drives to PSU direct connections hoping to take that bit of load off the motherboard VRMs. Any idea why Acer's engineers made that decision? Or the proprietary PSU?

Thanks in advance!
Splorg

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,883 Trailblazer
    1) Hopefully these images will help. Sounds like something is bent.
    2) There should be a caddy for the removable drive there, is yours missing or just something off it missing? It's just called out as "REMOVE-HDD-CARRIER" but I don't have a part number for it.

3) The power supply has the ATX v.2 16 pin power connector, I wouldn't have thought that to be too hard to find.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.