I have an Acer Switch 5 and I can't set up for Windows Hello.

John21
John21 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
There is no option to set up for Windows Hello. It just says to learn more about it. Please help. Thank you

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,467 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    In Device Manager view tab, show hidden devices. If you still don't see it, the press the WINkey + Rkey and enter 'msinfo32.exe'. On the left panel  click the components folder. Click on infrared folder or imaging folder. If nothing shows up there either, then it does not have a facial recognition hardware installed. Therefore, the software can't set up hardware that doesn't exist. Was facial recognition hardware advertised as installed on this laptop? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Do you have a facial recognition infrared camera installed? If yes, what is the model number. Check Device Manager for imaging devices. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    I believe you have a fingerprint reader, you have to set that up Windows Hello to do anything.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • John21
    JackE said:
    Do you have a facial recognition infrared camera installed? If yes, what is the model number. Check Device Manager for imaging devices. Jack E/NJ
    I cant find it on the device manager. Is there any other way I can find out? Thanks
  • John21
    billsey said:
    I believe you have a fingerprint reader, you have to set that up Windows Hello to do anything.
    My fingerprint is set up and that works perfectly fine
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    In Device Manager view tab, show hidden devices. If you still don't see it, the press the WINkey + Rkey and enter 'msinfo32.exe'. On the left panel  click the components folder. Click on infrared folder or imaging folder. If nothing shows up there either, then it does not have a facial recognition hardware installed. Therefore, the software can't set up hardware that doesn't exist. Was facial recognition hardware advertised as installed on this laptop? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• John21
    JackE said:
    I did what you said and the infrared folder was empty. I believe it was advertised with it but I am not sure. Thank you for your help
  • JackE
    Well, if the hardware is actually in there, it's not connected. If you can give me the full model number (SW5-xxx), I'll try to check into it. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    I believe Microsoft Hello doesn't have to be facial recognition, it can also be an iris scanner or fingerprint scanner. Your setup just have the fingerprint scanner, so you can use Microsoft Hello to login using your fingerprint.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • jiji2200
    jiji2200 Member Posts: 2 New User
    what is the model number. Check Device Manager for imaging devices. Jack E/NJ