Some of the keys on My Chromebook R11 keyboard are not working.

GummeeGummee Member Posts: 3 New User
 I have refreshed and re-installed to no avail. Suggestions? It is the 6, R, T & E

FAQ & Answers

• Jack22Jack22 ACE Posts: 2,877 Pathfinder
    @Gummee
    Try to do Hard reset 
    Hard reset: Turn off the unit and unplug the charger
    Press and hold the power button + refresh key(the button which look like half circle with arrow. the 4th key in the first row from left to right) for 20 seconds. Once you done with that turn on the unit and check, if still you have issue than try power wash.
    Power wash: 

1)      Sign out of your Chrome book.

2)      Press and hold Ctrl + Alt + Shift + R.

3)      Click Restart to restart your Chrome book.

4)      In the box that appears, click Reset and sign in with your Google Account.

Note: when you do hard reset or power wash you will lose the offline data present in the laptop.

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• billseybillsey ACE Posts: 19,006 Trailblazer
    You can also get that if there's a physical problem with the keyboard, usually caused by a spill. The various membranes that sit on top of each other to tell the system which key is being pressed can lose connection by getting dirty or by a broken trace.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • GummeeGummee Member Posts: 3 New User
    Unfortunately neither of those suggestions help. I have also already done a reinstall which did not help either. Again, the "R" key does not work so the Power Wash does not work either. Please let me know if there are any other suggestions. THANKS!
  • GummeeGummee Member Posts: 3 New User
    I am not aware of any spills that have happened to the key board. Is there a way to repair a loose connection?
  • Jack22Jack22 ACE Posts: 2,877 Pathfinder
    @Gummee
    So neither of the steps fixed the issue. So i would suggest you to call Acer support. Might be a keyboard problem
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/

No, if it's a physical problem with the keyboard membranes instead of a spill issue it's likely going to require a replacement of the keyboard. Try plugging an external keyboard in to allow use the the right keys for a reset, just to verify it's not software...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • adamHamroniadamHamroni Member Posts: 1 New User
    Same issue the only way to work bus after pressing multiple times is for it work. The problem changes different letters each time
    So with an external keyboard plugged in some keys don't work either?