Acer kg271 27" not working with HDMI to MacBook

alexpoole_
alexpoole_ Member Posts: 2 New User
I have recently bought an Acer kg271 27" monitor when trying to connect the monitor with my MacBook Pro using HDMI it connects for about a second and then cuts off. The mac still recognises the connection though just the Acer monitor is blank. I have tried both HDMI ports on the monitor and get the same outcome. I have tried the HDMI ports plugged into my PS4 and that works fine so its something to do with the connection between the monitor and MacBook. The monitor does work via VGA connection but I would like it to work via HDMI also. The HDMI on the mac does work as I have tested it with other monitors.

If anyone has experienced this or have any ideas on how to fix this that would be great.
Cheers

Answers

• SimonBUK
    SimonBUK Member Posts: 3 New User
    I have recently bought an Acer kg271 27" monitor when trying to connect the monitor with my MacBook Pro using HDMI it connects for about a second and then cuts off. The mac still recognises the connection though just the Acer monitor is blank. I have tried both HDMI ports on the monitor and get the same outcome. I have tried the HDMI ports plugged into my PS4 and that works fine so its something to do with the connection between the monitor and MacBook. The monitor does work via VGA connection but I would like it to work via HDMI also. The HDMI on the mac does work as I have tested it with other monitors.

If anyone has experienced this or have any ideas on how to fix this that would be great.
    Cheers
    Hi, did you find a solution as im having the same issue
  • Filpy
    Filpy Member Posts: 1 New User
    Just resolved this very problem.  
    The answer for me was to manually reduce the refresh rate on the MB Pro to 60MHz.
    A bit disappointing really - I don’t know which device has the problem with the default settings.  The Mac does detect the monitor model correctly.
  • Dhiman
    Dhiman Member Posts: 4 New User
    Macbook dont support 144hz so u have to lower to 60hz thats not monitor's fault just the laptop dont support it