Screen Malfunctions Suddenly in Acer Aspire E15 (model: E5-576G-50ZQ)

Pasi1028
Pasi1028 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Two months ago i bought  Acer Aspire E15 (Model: E5-576G-50ZQ) which has 8GB RAM + 16GB intel optane memory and dual display adapters (intel UHD graphic 620 & Nvidia GeForce MX130).
I did nothing but playing few games and installing few softwares since the day I buy.
It works just fine for hours when I'm playing games in hardware accelerated mode. But when I'm reading a pdf or watching a movie screen suddenly malfunctions. It shows some green like dots freeze. After few seconds it turns off.
When I turn it on again it takes few more extra seconds to boot back.

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    edited January 2019
    asi1028 

Try to perform a simple power reset and check the issue. Shutdown the laptop. Disconnect the charger. Please check for a battery reset PIN hole at the bottom of the device. The reset hole would have a battery symbol next to it. Insert a paperclip into the hole and press for four seconds. Let the computer sit for 5 minutes with no power. Reconnect the charger and power On the laptop.

If the same issue persists, please contact Acer support in your region and they will be happy to help you with a solution to fix this issue.
    Acer Worldwide: http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • AeonIX
    AeonIX Member Posts: 5 New User
    Pasi1028 said:
    Two months ago i bought  Acer Aspire E15 (Model: E5-576G-50ZQ) which has 8GB RAM + 16GB intel optane memory and dual display adapters (intel UHD graphic 620 & Nvidia GeForce MX130).
    I did nothing but playing few games and installing few softwares since the day I buy.
    It works just fine for hours when I'm playing games in hardware accelerated mode. But when I'm reading a pdf or watching a movie screen suddenly malfunctions. It shows some green like dots freeze. After few seconds it turns off.
    When I turn it on again it takes few more extra seconds to boot back.
    Did you find a solution? I have the same laptop and the same problem.