Battery self discharge (Predator PH517-51)

petrpetrov
petrpetrov Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Good day. I apologize in advance for Google translator, but still try to convey the essence of the issue.

There is a Predator PH517-51, windows 10 lives in it and at night the battery self-discharge is 3-5%. Hibernation, fast starts, sleep modes and so on - everything is disabled. If you pull the battery out of the laptop and put it separately - not a 1% self-discharge for a day is there, but if you turn off the laptop, then pull out the charge and leave it for the night - then when turned on there will be minus 3-5% of the charge.

Removed and reinstalled all the drivers for the battery, resetting its settings through the button on the bottom panel and so on - nothing helps.

Answers

• xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    edited January 2019
    Generate a battery report and check you battery values just to make sure there is nothing wrong with your battery
    1. Hit Windows Button + X and select Command Prompt (Admin). This is the quickest way to open the Command Prompt as an administrator.
    2. Type in and enter: powercfg /batteryreport.
    3. Open the Battery report HTML file to view it.

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• Hi! This model lets you load some devices into usbs ports when the notebook is shutdown? If yes, try disabling the usb charger function in acer quick access!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • petrpetrov

Tinkerer

everything is turned off from usb - just pull out the power plug, turn off the laptop. In the morning you turn it on and you see minus 3-5% of the battery charge - and this doesn’t turn on the laptop from the battery, it spends power, and you even connect the laptop to the power supply and when you go into windows, you see that the battery is charging and its charge is 97-95 %
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited January 2019
    I understood!! Even so, disable this function and take the test:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • petrpetrov

Tinkerer

Well, I turned off this function right now, here again I can throw off the report https://yadi.sk/d/4Z6VQ92Fdbz-EA

And I also noticed such a moment - when the battery is charging, the charge is 30 000 mW, but as soon as the battery reaches 95%, the charge drops to 3 634 mW

• Are there any other programs or games that require more computer performance and are running in the background? Did you try upgrading your notebook drivers with the free driverbooster version?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• petrpetrov

Tinkerer

nothing hangs in the tray and does not use power, and all drivers are updated via the driver booster - everything costs the last
  • Deejay_tech
    Deejay_tech Member Posts: 356 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Well, I turned off this function right now, here again I can throw off the report https://yadi.sk/d/4Z6VQ92Fdbz-EA

And I also noticed such a moment - when the battery is charging, the charge is 30 000 mW, but as soon as the battery reaches 95%, the charge drops to 3 634 mW

Thats because as soon as the battery reaches 95% , windows just trickle charges the battery to stop overcharging of battery and as a consequence prevents overheating of the battery.
    overheating of battery is not good and it significantly degrades the storing capacity of battery.
    My personal Acer m/c's
    1) Gaming: Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-51
    Config:Core i5 8300H, 16GB, 250GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 1050ti GPU

2) Daily Use: Acer Aspire A315-53  59GR
    Config: Core i5 8250u, 8GB, 256 SSD, 1TB HDD, IPS FHD 

3) Linux Learning: Acer Aspire A315-53 P4MY
    Config: Pentium Gold 4417U, 8 GB, 256 SSD, 500GB HDD.
  • What colleague @Deejay_tech said is correct! Batteries are charged quickly up to 80%! From 80% to 100%, what is called slow loading occurs. That's why the last 20% take longer to load!
    However, after deactivating the usb charger and updating the drivers, is the battery still being discharged?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• petrpetrov

Tinkerer

What colleague @Deejay_tech said is correct! Batteries are charged quickly up to 80%! From 80% to 100%, what is called slow loading occurs. That's why the last 20% take longer to load!
    However, after deactivating the usb charger and updating the drivers, is the battery still being discharged?
    yes
  • Deejay_tech
    Deejay_tech Member Posts: 356 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    make sure that the laptop is  completely shut down before closing the lid.
    during the shutdown process if you close the lid immediately after the display goes off then the laptop goes into sleep mode rather than shutting down.
    after the display goes off it takes some time  for the laptop to shut down.
    so one should close the lid only when the power light goes off.

just seeking clarifications ....
    My personal Acer m/c's
    1) Gaming: Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-51
    Config:Core i5 8300H, 16GB, 250GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 1050ti GPU

2) Daily Use: Acer Aspire A315-53  59GR
    Config: Core i5 8250u, 8GB, 256 SSD, 1TB HDD, IPS FHD 

3) Linux Learning: Acer Aspire A315-53 P4MY
    Config: Pentium Gold 4417U, 8 GB, 256 SSD, 500GB HDD.
  • petrpetrov

Tinkerer

In general, with further search for the problem, I found the following: even if Acer Quick Access turns off the power to usb, then the power to the usb ports of type c (thunderbolt) even when the laptop is turned off, with the power supply turned off (only the battery remains), still goes 5 volts. Is it really my only problem?
  • Have you checked that your notebook is actually configured to shut down power options? What is the bios version of your notebook?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• petrpetrov

Tinkerer

BIOS version 1.16. I checked it both programmatically, through disconnection in the Acer Quick Access settings, and I measured it with a multimeter for power supply and with the laptop completely turned off - power is being supplied through the type c ports.
  • OK! Check the device manager if the USB ports are set to be turned off:

Also try disabling fastboot on bios and fast start up on windows power options!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• petrpetrov

Tinkerer

ticks everywhere, on all usb devices in the list
  • Also try disabling fastboot on bios and fast start up on windows power options!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• petrpetrov

Tinkerer

Also try disabling fastboot on bios and fast start up on windows power options!

yes it is disabled by default. I wrote in the first post that all quick starts, hibernations, sleep modes, etc. - are disabled.
  • Now try uninstalling the AC power adapter and battery drivers in the device manager:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer