Acer Aspire E5-576G-81GD will no longer boot from the optical drive after updating the bios from V.

ALDSR
ALDSR Member Posts: 3 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
My brand new Acer Aspire E5-576G-81GD will no longer boot from the optical drive after updating the bios from V. 1.29 to V. 1.47.  The optical drive is listed in the bios information screen (F2 to get into bios), but it no longer shows up in the bios boot priority order or when I attempt to get to the boot menu using F12. If I boot to Windows 10 using the SSD; however, the optical drive works perfectly once Windows 10 is up and running.  If I change the boot mode from UEFI to Legacy, the bios finds the optical drive and will boot from this drive, but now the laptop will not find the SSD since it was configured under UEFI. Does the V. 1.47 bios accidentally (or on purpose) not recognize optical drives during the boot sequence?

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 98,297 Trailblazer
    edited January 2019
    Have you already put some dvd with the operating system to check if you boot the dvd? Does it appear like this?

Is the dvd informed in the information?

Check in atapi!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • ALDSR
    Thank you for your response.  Yes, I did use a Windows 10 boot disk that I have used with other computers, but the laptop does not recognize the DVD/CD (Optical) drive during the boot process, so it will not boot from the disk. If I boot from the SSD, however, the CD/DVD will operate normally once Windows 10 loads and gets to the desktop. 
  • Are you using a cd with an iso x64? The uefi mode only accepts an x64 iso!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • ALDSR
    Yes, the boot DVD is X64.  However, the laptop is not evening finding the optical drive during the boot (no typical drive noise); therefore, it doesn't even get a chance to read the boot DVD in the optical drive at start up. Thanks.