Nitro 5 AN-515-52 | Screen doesn't turn on after suspension

DrN3MESiS
DrN3MESiS Member Posts: 26 Troubleshooter
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi, as you can tell from the title, I've got a problem with my laptop. I bought it 4 months ago, and I've had a lot of problems with it, but I've managed to fix them by my own with some help from this forum; but today I came with another problem.
Context: I was programming for about an hour and a half without any problem, when lunch time appeared, so I decided to put my laptop into Suspension mode, after 30 minutes I came back to continue with my work, and noticed that my computer screen didn't turned on when I opened the laptop, everything turned on (led of power, keyboard backlight, etc..) but the Screen. I don't know what happened... I tried to put it in suspension mode again, but it did nothing. and I don't want to do a force shutdown because last time i did that the whole OS became corrupted...

WHAT CAN I DO? :(

Laptop Specs:
- CPU: Intel i7+ 8750H 2.2Ghz
- GPU: NVIDIA GTX 1050 4GB
- RAM: 8GB DDR4 Module
- Storage: 1TB HDD
- Storage Plus: Intel Optane 16GB

Thank you for your time.

Best Answer

• DrN3MESiS
    Answer ✓
    ven98 said:
    You have to force shutdown. The lid sensor isn't activated, because the keyboard backlight is on, which indicates that the lid is not closed.
    I managed to figure out what's the problem and I am so mad @ Acer for this Laptop... The Screen Backlight is failing >:(
    I've had so many problems with this computer since I bought! I have had it for 5 months! And if you check my profile, you'll see the posts that I had to made in order to fix those problems... I have managed to fix some of those by myself without voiding the warranty (just software), but this is a whole new level, and I can't fix this... 

I'm going to request full refund... Acer shouldn't be selling this laptops with such problems at a very early stage of the laptop lifespan...

@ven98 Thank you for your help anyway!

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Sometimes a bad graphics driver can cause this issue. You can update the intel graphics driver from Intel's website to latest version. After this hopefully the issue won't happen again.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• DrN3MESiS
    ven98 said:
    Sometimes a bad graphics driver can cause this issue. You can update the intel graphics driver from Intel's website to latest version. After this hopefully the issue won't happen again.
    I can't see the screen at all, so I can't update the drivers.
    I think I've discovered something... The screen suddenly appeared for a few moments and then it faded away again, and I think this is because of the lid sensor being activated by something... But I don't know what's triggering it... :(

Also, thank you for your reply.
  • DrN3MESiS
    Does anyone know how to stop the lid sensor from being activated by randomly? 
  • ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    You have to force shutdown. The lid sensor isn't activated, because the keyboard backlight is on, which indicates that the lid is not closed.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• DrN3MESiS
    Answer ✓
    ven98 said:
    I managed to figure out what's the problem and I am so mad @ Acer for this Laptop... The Screen Backlight is failing >:(
    I've had so many problems with this computer since I bought! I have had it for 5 months! And if you check my profile, you'll see the posts that I had to made in order to fix those problems... I have managed to fix some of those by myself without voiding the warranty (just software), but this is a whole new level, and I can't fix this... 

I'm going to request full refund... Acer shouldn't be selling this laptops with such problems at a very early stage of the laptop lifespan...

@ven98 Thank you for your help anyway!