Monitors will not wake Model: ED242QR A

Options
teecuptech
teecuptech Member Posts: 8 New User
edited February 16 in 2019 Archives
When my computer goes to the screensaver, and then the monitors go off (after 20 minutes), often, I cannot wake the monitors.
The only way is to turn the monitor off, and back on. Any reason why that is?

- Windows 10
- Display port connections
- Model: ED242QR A

Thanks

Best Answer

• teecuptech
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Another idea I just tried, I have set both monitors to specifically look ONLY at Display Port. 
    So, the 'auto' option is now off. Let's see if that helps... 

Answers

• teecuptech
    Options
    Any ideas?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    Since you said "monitors" I assume you have more than one connected to your system? What GPU are they connected to? Which port type? What version of the GPU driver is installed? When the system turns a monitor off there shouldn't be problems turning it back on, but some drivers could have issues, especially for monitors that aren't set as the primary. I'd expect the primary to wake for the logon, then the secondaries to wake as the desktop comes up.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • teecuptech
    Options
    Connection: Display Port (both monitors are identical, and connected the same)
    AMD Radeon RX480
    Driver version 17.30.1091

I hope this helps. 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    Try turning off the power saving for the monitors for a while and see if it still happens while coming out of the screen saver. If that works fine we'll dig more into whatever options are available to keep the DP ports alive when the monitor is off.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • teecuptech
    Options
    Hmm, this is still an issue (even after trying the above).  

In short, if I walk away from my computer, and return after around 30 minutes (screen set to go off after 30 minutes), I can move the mouse, press the keyboard, and the monitors will not come 'on' to show Windows. 

Oddly, if I turn the monitor off and on, with the power button (on just one monitor), then both monitors wake.
    This is just odd. My Planar monitors (which I still have, but bought these Acer's for the 144Hz for gaming), did not and does not do this.

Rather frustrating actually. 
  • teecuptech
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Another idea I just tried, I have set both monitors to specifically look ONLY at Display Port. 
    So, the 'auto' option is now off. Let's see if that helps... 
  • teecuptech
    Options
    Hmm, so far, so good with turning off the 'auto' detect connection option...