My acer aspire vn7 593g shut down suddenly while gaming

2»

Answers

• Jason_xX
    Jason_xX Member Posts: 26 Troubleshooter
    edited January 2019
    I am not sure how to do it. I can do it by just decreasing the core clock on the bar?
    So the curve will be lower then.
  • ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    That is what I mean. Decrease the core clock speed from MSI after burner as you did before and this will reduce the temperature. It is preferred to run a GPU stress test as furmark for more controlled envornment.

Decrease the clock speed to a point where the temperature is just a little under 70C and when it stabilises under 70C block the vents, which will cause the temperature to increase rapidly. Monitor the temperature of both CPU and GPU during that time and let me now at what CPU and GPU temperature roughly the system crashed.

Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• Jason_xX
    If it turned off at 70C after few mins, so I don't need to block the vents to make temp higher?
  • ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    This way we can't be sure if the issue is power or temperature related. To be sure what the issue is you have to follow the instruction above. As I mentioned already blocking the vents won't damage anything.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• Jason_xX
    Ok. I will try it later. I remembered the laptop will not turn it off when it reached 90C while playing games.