Modify BIOS Settings with Powershell

idaence
idaence Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited March 1 in 2020 Archives
Hello together,

we have a customer who has Veritons here in his Infratstructure.
He want to Control the BIOS Options and BIOS Password with PowerShell and has found "AcerBiosConfigurationTool" and "BIOSSettings" Classes on the Devices.
Is there Any Documentation for the Usage of this WMI-Classes?

Thanks 

Answers

• hwilson
    hwilson Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi Daniel

Did you ever work this out or get an answer, I've found the same entry in WMI that refers to a AcerBiosConfigurationTool but can't find such a tool.  Thanks

Hugh
  • MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good night hwilson !

Bios access and encryption tools are owned by Acer and are not available to the end user.
    Any kind of change in Bios will result in a total loss of warranty.
    By the rules of the forum it is not allowed to share any means of modification, access, passwords or treatment of Bios.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• Sysaphys
    Sysaphys Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Hi, this question has not been answered and I was wondering if an Acer engineer or anyone who actually understands what is being asked for can chime in. I too would very much like to be able to modify BIOS settings using WMI. This is pretty much an industry norm. Dell, HP and Lenovo all have means to make BIOS changes using WMI and powershell. 
  • MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    This is an open forum for Acer users.
    There is no direct contact with Acer employees.
    Acer does not provide base files for modifying Bios.
    Such procedures violate and invalidate the warranty.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• idaence
    idaence Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Hi hwilson, Hi Sysaphys
    thanks for your messages. I thought I was alone with that Problem.

I can only recommend speak with your Acer Contact we have solved that Problem with Acer together. Their are Solutions for that problem but only with Acer together. 

I hope that helps you.

Thanks and Regards,
    Daniel