Keyboard wont stay ON in AC Power mode : BIOS 1.22 Update (Nitro 5 515-52)

kenadhitya
kenadhitya Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi

I've been really stressed out about this issue. Basically i' updated the BIOS from 1.19 to 1.22 without any problems until i realized the Keyboard Lights turn off after 30 seconds even in AC power mode (plugged in)! I read several discussions about this same topic which is then closed with no particular solutions. Is it the default settings for the keyboard to switch off after 30 seconds in AC Power mode? Im pretty sure its not.

Please @Acer-Manny address this issue to Acer, i read your reply on the previous posts, and it says that the default keyboard backlight is supposed to be always on when Plugged. Since 1.22, the keyboard light won't stay on like it supposed to (Plugged). Most of us here im pretty sure are using AC Power mode all the time, and working in dark environments is practically impossible. 

Thanks!

Best Answer

• Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Answer ✓
    Hi kenadhitya,

I have been informed that the backlight functionality for On Battery Power or AC Adapter Power has been change to do the same (always turn off 30 seconds after the last key stroke), i understand that their's been reports and comments in the community that you're not happy with this update and therefore we are forwarding this message to our design/engineering team for feedback.

Update it article: https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34903

Sorry for any inconvenience this may have cause,
    Acer-Manny 

Answers

• Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Answer ✓
    Hi kenadhitya,

I have been informed that the backlight functionality for On Battery Power or AC Adapter Power has been change to do the same (always turn off 30 seconds after the last key stroke), i understand that their's been reports and comments in the community that you're not happy with this update and therefore we are forwarding this message to our design/engineering team for feedback.

Update it article: https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34903

Sorry for any inconvenience this may have cause,
    Acer-Manny 
This discussion has been closed.