Predator Helios 300 Charging issue. (Weird issue cant seem to find duplicate online.)

knightlol
knightlol Member Posts: 7 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
All of a sudden my laptop, after forgetting to charge it started doing the oddst thing today. When I Plugged it back in and recharged it, once it hit max charge. It would auto disconnect as far as the laptop was concerned and I would get the disconnect noise. Or unplug noise, even though it was still plugged in. Once it fell bellow 100 percent. Automatically i would get the reconnect (plug in noise) Due to this I have been hearing the beeping almost non stop. I have tried to reset the Battery, But this has done nothing to  help. Anyone have some tips/suggestions. I can rule out an issue with the cable or he jack it self Since it will only do this once at 100 percent charge. Or if anyone has any tips on how to deactivating the plug in sound. That would work to. Ive tried a few tips online but cant seem to find a way to completely turn off the plug in sound. 

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Have you done anything like updating the BIOS, which might have caused this?
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• knightlol
    I haven't updated the bios. But i did see a windows update hit. when I plugged it in, and restarted it. What ive done currently is i have disabled the ACPI Compliant Control method in the device manger. It seems to still be charging? But Im not longer getting the annoying beeps. This however seems like a short term solution. Even after rolling the win update back I kept getting the beeps. 
  • ven98
    How did you roll back? From a restore point?

You can go to windows setting>update and security>windows update>view update history>uninstall updates

There was another user, who posted a similar issue, but the battery wouldn't charge above 86% with the same beeping. Unfortunately we couldn't find a solution as far as I remember.

-Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

• knightlol
    I used both the uninstall and restore point... Do you know if he just got the thing replaced?
  • ven98
    knightlol said:
    I used both the uninstall and restore point... Do you know if he just got the thing replaced?
    I don't, as there is no update by him on the thread. 

Maybe you can try contacting Acer support to check what they will say about the issue.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• knightlol
    For now it seems just disabling the ACPI Compliant Control method  in the device manger seems to work. It is a very short term solution though. Do you mind giving me a link to his post? I would like to see if I can message him to see what he ended up doing?
  • ven98
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• knightlol
    thank you. 
  • knightlol
    So on related note... I just did a full system reset did not change the problem. I think its an issue due to the new fetaure update. Anyone know if disabling the acpi control driver will have any negative issues?