My monitor S202HL bd has an issue

PLZHLPM8
PLZHLPM8 Member Posts: 6 New User
edited February 16 in 2019 Archives
It works in way that my computer detects it and is able to drag windows onto it however the thing seems not to turn on, I will need to plug and un plug it over and over again until it finally works but this past time It really isn't working. Anyone have an idea what the problem could be and fi there is any solution. 

Answers

• PLZHLPM8
    PS ive been able to get the blue light on but not the screen

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,700 Trailblazer
    Could easily be a problem with the cable. How are you connected? Did you try other ports or a different cable?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • PLZHLPM8
    billsey said:
    Could easily be a problem with the cable. How are you connected? Did you try other ports or a different cable?
    I have, all kinds of combinations.
  • PLZHLPM8
    here is a picture of the best i can get from it

• billsey
    Can you see any of the stuff that should normally be there? If the backlight is out the data will be displayed really dimly. You might have the cable working intermittently to power the backlight.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • PLZHLPM8
    billsey said:
    Can you see any of the stuff that should normally be there? If the backlight is out the data will be displayed really dimly. You might have the cable working intermittently to power the backlight.
    well it just did this, the bottom light is not working and now its just showing white. what cable do you think is acting up?
  • billsey
    That's not good. obviously the backlight is working or else that wouldn't be white. With the prior symptoms and this I'd say there's a good chance the electronics inside the monitor have gone bad. Time to contact Acer support for a repair.
  • PLZHLPM8
    billsey said:
    That's not good. obviously the backlight is working or else that wouldn't be white. With the prior symptoms and this I'd say there's a good chance the electronics inside the monitor have gone bad. Time to contact Acer support for a repair.
    maybe I could do it my self? the reason I'm still trying to fix a monitor is because I'm broke.