My TC-885 Aspire Desktop Won't Boot

jonathanwylie
jonathanwylie Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited March 1 in 2019 Archives
I have an Acer Aspire TC-885. It is a couple of weeks old. I opened it up today to add an Intel Optane stick in the M.2 slot. I put it all back together and it is basically dead. The CPU fan kicks on but nothing else. Computer won't boot. I removed the Optane stick, put it back together and it still won't boot. There is nothing on the monitor. No blue screen of death, no BIOS, nothing. It's like the HDD is not spinning at all. I'm looking for some positive suggestions on what I can try. The HDD is connected and everything else looks fine, but I am out if ideas right now and am hoping my two week old Aspire is not dead :(

Answers

• Try the following: Unplug the desktop from the power outlet and press the power button for about thirty seconds. Then turn on the computer to test!

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • jonathanwylie

Tinkerer

Some progress. The hard drive sounds like it is spinning again, or it least it spins on boot, but no video output to the monitor on either of the built-in HDMI slots or on the discrete graphics card I have in it. I removed the graphics card again and still nothing. It might be booting to Windows, but I have no way to tell if it is or not
  • Now try disconnecting the rams memories and test each individually! Then unplug the hard drive and test it!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • jonathanwylie

Tinkerer

I only have one 8Gb stick, so I can't test without it...
  • Put the ram in another slot and test it!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Did you disconnect any cables when opening the desktop?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• jonathanwylie

Tinkerer

edited January 2019
    Ok. Done, but no change I am afraid. Still no video signal.

There is also no POST beep but I can't remember if there was one before this happened or not.
  • jonathanwylie

Tinkerer

Yes, I disconnected the CD/DVD drive to access the M2 slot, but have reconnected it. The computer should work whether that is connected or not, right?

Thanks for all your help so far.
  • OK! I suggest you first try disconnecting the hardwares with the desktop disconnected from the power grid:
    a) System does not power up and the fans are not running.
    1. Disassemble the PC to remove the VGA adapter, DDR memory, LAN, USB and other peripherals
    including keyboard and mouse. Leave only the motherboard, CPU with CPU cooler and power supply connected. Turn on again to see if the CPU and power supply fans are running.
    2. Make sure to remove any unused screws or other metal objects such as screwdrivers from the inside
    PC case. This is to prevent damage from short circuit.
    3. Check the CPU FAN connector is connected to the motherboard.
    4. For Intel platforms check the pins on the CPU socket for damage or bent. A bent pin may cause failure
    to boot and sometimes permanent damage from short circuit.
    5. Check the 12V power connector is connected to the motherboard.
    6. Check that the 12V power & ATX connectors are fully inserted into the motherboard connectors. Make
    sure the latches of the cable and connector are locked into place.

If it does not take effect, see if resetting the CMOS solves the problem:
    B) 

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• jonathanwylie

Tinkerer

Thanks, but I contacted Support on live chat and they are taking it in for repair.
  • Ok! Post the resulted of repair here!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer