Aspire GX-281 Has Some Network Issues

lyleenright
lyleenright Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Every time my computer goes to sleep, the wireless adapter deactivates. If I go into Network Settings when this happens, I have the option to "re-enable" the adapter, but the fix never occurs--the adapter remains grayed-out and inactive. Nothing but a full restart of the computer will bring it back online, and then I have to go through the whole song and dance again as soon as my computer goes back to sleep. The adapter is an Intel Wireless AC 7265 if that helps at all.

Also, and these may be unrelated issues, but whenever I try to set up the Acer Portal through the onboard software, it insists every time I have lost my internet connection, even when the connection is fine. This also seems to be the case whenever I open NVIDIA GeForce Experience, which seems to never believe my computer is actually online. 

I have noticed that, when I mouse over the network icon, it'll often show two networks: one being my home wifi network, but also an "Unidentified Network," showing that my computer is connected to both at the same time. I don't know what might cause that, or what it might contribute to the above. (EDIT: I am also running NordVPN; that's probably what's causing the "ghost" network to show up?)   

Thanks for any help you can offer. I am bad at this. 

Answers

• Hello! What is the bios version? What is the version of windows 10, 1803 or 1809? Have you tried upgrading the network driver here? https://downloadcenter.intel.com/pt-br/product/83635
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • lyleenright
    Thanks for the reply!

BIOS Version/Date: American Megatrends Inc. R01-A0, 4/19/2017
    Windows 10 Home v. 1607

I downloaded the file you linked me to, though I haven't installed it yet... Should I even try, given that my version of Windows isn't anywhere near the one you've listed? 
  • Yes, you can try! I also suggest updating the operating system. However it is recommended to back up your files!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • lyleenright
    Hmmm... It's still telling me that my system is up to date when I run the updater. Is there another way to do that manually? 
  • Go to windows update:

However, it is important to highlight the need to back up your files!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer