Acer b3-A30 ww gen1 6.0 MRA58K Iconia one 10" tablet BRICKED

Options
deanlow
deanlow Member Posts: 2 New User
edited April 23 in 2019 Archives
Hi, 
     My above tablet just bricked recently after it updates itself overnight. It was fine the day before. It must be due to the occasional updates from Acer, i presume.
I have done everything possible...wipe data/factory reset and reboot system...Apply update from SD Card using the official RV06RC01.WW.GEN1 zip file from Acer website for the above specific tablet stated...

Hope someone can help.
It just piss me off as it is out of warranty and in usage for just below 2 yrs old. Acer service centre requires $50 dollars just to inspect and another $50 to install new software and other spare parts needed as charges.

I have been buying Acer products from laptops to monitors. All is ok but tablets. I am switching to a more expensive ipad if this recovery effort becomes in vain. At least it wouldn't crash after updates.

Thanks to any samaritan out there.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    If you can do the steps like wiping data and factory reset but it still is in failure mode, it's likely the storage has failed. Not much to be done except a motherboard replacement at that point since the storage is soldered in.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • deanlow
    deanlow Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Thanks, billsey.
                      At least i feel at peace knowing what had happened to my tablet.