Top XMP BIOS for RAM Not coming up as an option Acer gx 781

C00lman888
C00lman888 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Ihave an Acer gx 781 and I thought I would preform a benchmark out of curiosity. Everything is fine apart from the ram which is performing worse than its potential. It advises me (userbenchmark.com) to check if the ‘top xmp bios’ is enabled. I have checked the bios for a setting  even remotely related to this but I have not found anything. Can anybody help? By the way I am using Kingston ACR26D4U9S8MH-8 1x8gb RAM

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,842 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    >>>Everything is fine >>>

This is all you should be concerned with. Benchmark tests are very subjective in what they actually test. 10 different benchmark freeware tests will give you 10 different results. Forget benchmarking. Don't try to fix something that's does not seem to be broken in ways that you actually use the machine such as for gaming, business, browsing, wordsmithing, spreadsheeting, databasing, etc.  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,842 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    >>>Everything is fine >>>

This is all you should be concerned with. Benchmark tests are very subjective in what they actually test. 10 different benchmark freeware tests will give you 10 different results. Forget benchmarking. Don't try to fix something that's does not seem to be broken in ways that you actually use the machine such as for gaming, business, browsing, wordsmithing, spreadsheeting, databasing, etc.  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ