Where do I order a replacement CPU cooler for the Acer Aspire AT3-715A-UR11?

Chris3313
Chris3313 Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

edited March 1 in 2019 Archives
I was told this computer is outside of the warranty, but now the fan on the CPU is making noise like it's going out. Where can I order a new cooler/fan for the CPU? I was sent to the Acer Store website by the  AnswersBy support person on phone, but the website doesn't sale replacement parts.

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    What CPU is inside the PC?

This is the part number of the CPU cooler - DC.10811.012 or DC.10811.016

You don't have to install the same cooler as the one currently cooling the CPU by the way. Any cooler that supports LGA 1151 socket will work(that is if you are with i7 6700 CPU). Just make sure that the cooler will fit in the case. The dimensions of the cooler are given in the specificstion.

When changing the CPU cooler make sure that you clean off the old thermal paste isopropyl alchohol. Most coolers come with thermal paste in box. Apply a little blob in the middle of the CPU and place the cooler on top.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,883 Trailblazer
    For that matter, you are likely able to just replace the noisy fan with a better quality one. Measure the fan size (hole to hole) and note the number of wires coming off.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.