Might be a stupid question

Alfax
Alfax Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 15 in 2019 Archives
Just turned on my computer after being away for a week and it's telling my the wifi switch located on the front or side of the computer has been turned off. 
This isn't impossible sounding in and of itself as I have two children aged 3 and 1 that may have gotten in here and hit something.

The problem I am having is locating the switch so I can turn wifi back on
I have a Predator G3-710 
If anyone can tell me where to look I'd appreciate it.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,883 Trailblazer
    Yeah, it's likely an issue with the WLAN drivers, they think you are on a laptop instead of a desktop. Does the wireless work at all, or is it not showing up at all? You can fire up Device Manager and check to see if it's listed and what the OS thinks is happening. Come back and let me know and we'll take it to the next steps.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Alfax
    Alfax Member Posts: 2 New User
    I think I have found the issue. Upon further inspection it appears that my wireless adapter is no longer plugged into the back of the machine. Best guess is one of the aforementioned little hobgoblins got a hold of it and has a secret treasure trove somewhere in the house..... searching for it now