considering buying Aspire E 15 E5-576-392H, can upgrades to e5-575-33bm be reused

brett549
brett549 Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
I currently have have an aspire e5-875-33BM.  The hinges broke and I was going to try to repair but that basically required breaking down the entire pc, both the front and bottom were ruined because the screw holders were yanked out.  I call acer repair, $289 to repair. I only paid $350 for it.  So I tried myself, I got the wrong brackets twice, I would have bought a new front and back cover but at what point is it just the law of diminishing returns.  I'm considering buying an Aspire E 15 e5-576-392H will I be able to switch my 16 gb RAM and Samsung SATA 250 drive.  I don't have the funds to buy the new PC and buy the new upgrades also.  I really appreciate your knowledge, input, help.  

Best Answers

• brett549
    Answer ✓
    Thank you very much for your answer to my question.  It brings a couple more with it: how could I find out if the SNID were tied to the same version OR is this a preparatory measure I can do before the switch.  Worst case you telling me I may have to buy a new SSD, am I understanding this correctly?  I really appreciate your reply and hope you can answer my followup questions.  Brett
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,843 Trailblazer
    edited January 2019 Answer ✓
    Now I can see you're near Richmond. You're probably OK since both models in the US were licensed for Win10, not Linux or sold without an operating system. You should be good to go. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Yes if the 576 that you're considering uses the same  DDR4 RAM that's in your 575. The m.2 SATA 250 should be fine. ***BUT*** the serial number id (SNID) of the 576 mainboard must be tied to the same Windows version license that you're using on the 575 mainboard since this license is no longer stored on the HDD or SSD. Jack E/NJ  

Jack E/NJ

• brett549
    Answer ✓
    Thank you very much for your answer to my question.  It brings a couple more with it: how could I find out if the SNID were tied to the same version OR is this a preparatory measure I can do before the switch.  Worst case you telling me I may have to buy a new SSD, am I understanding this correctly?  I really appreciate your reply and hope you can answer my followup questions.  Brett
  • JackE
    edited January 2019 Answer ✓
    Now I can see you're near Richmond. You're probably OK since both models in the US were licensed for Win10, not Linux or sold without an operating system. You should be good to go. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• brett549
    Many Thanks Jack for your time and guidance
  • JackE
    Good luck with it. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ