Acer Aspire Reset Stumped

Computerproblem
Computerproblem Member Posts: 4 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello. I have an Acer Aspire 6930. It is stuck on windows xp and will not update anything. I do not have the reset disk and the computer doesn't not respond to the alt and f10 boot suggestion. I am ultimately trying to completely reset it to upgrade it. 

Thank you.

Answers

• Computerproblem
    Would it do the trick if I just bought a new hard drive?
  • Not! Which operating system are you trying to upgrade to?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Computerproblem
    Anything really. I get errors with any upgrade attempt and have tried all suggestions. Tech wise I am a 7 out of 10. 
  • Computerproblem
    I just failed again. It won't update past service pack 2. 
  • If you want to install windows 10, download iso here: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=691209
    Select the option to save to the pendrive and then enter the bios, and in the boot section, put the pendrive first!
    You need to back up your files first!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)