Acer aspire 5 unable to update the Nvidia MX150 driver and missing nvidia control panel - A515-52G

Options
Allen26
Allen26 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited September 2023 in 2019 Archives
I’ve just bought an Acer aspire 5 A515-52G with 1TB HDD. The first thing that has been bothering is that whenever i tried to update my Nvidia driver it always prompt out unable to continue due to could not find compatible graphic hardware. At first i didn’t care much but one day when i suddenly got the blue screen of death (critical process died). I’ve tried restoring but unable to proceed as its says something about corrupted data so i brought back to the service centre and they did managed to reinstall back my OS but all the data inside is gone fortunately its still new so i don’t have much stuff. I got back and started using my laptop but now the nvidia control panel is gone as i’m unable to set preferred graphics, called the service centre but they say i just have to update my driver through settings (which i did but issue still persist). So now i’m just here trying to find solution that could help me lessen my headache. So the main question is how do i update or reinstall my graphic driver for my laptop. Any kind of help or reply is deeply appreciated.

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Options
    Can you go to device manager and check if the Nvidia GPU is detected under the Display Adapters section?
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• Abhinavjain
    Abhinavjain Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Options
    Hello Allen26, 
    Well, the Problem of NVIDIA Control Panel Missing is pretty common these days. 
    But fortunately enough, it is not difficult at all to fix this issue on Aspire 5.
    Here is a well written post on the same by GeekSane.
    I would like you to read the post here:
    Fix NVIDIA Control Panel Missing

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!