Laptop Freezes and takes long to open anything when multi-tasking

AjithAmprail
AjithAmprail Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi All, I have an Acer Nitro AN515-42 gaming laptop. I purchased this from Flipkart and upgraded to the latest BIOS 1.11 and VGA drivers, as soon as I received the laptop. However, I've observed the laptop often freezes/ hangs or just becomes completely non-operational when I multi-task. For example, If I install a game and just open Chrome to check my emails. It has become really frustrating to use it off late. I also reset the OS to factory settings, installed all the latest drivers from the Acer Website, updated Windows 10 to the tee, but still experience hangs and non-responsiveness whilst multi-tasking. Does anyone have a clue on what's going on and if there is a fix?

Best Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Make sure this video helps you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dXvtTkqavs
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    Keep monitoring and if you have solved, accept my answer!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Hello! Have you checked that the disk is 100% in the task manager?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• AjithAmprail

Tinkerer

Hello! Have you checked that the disk is 100% in the task manager?
    Hi there, I checked the Disk usage in Task Manager and it's showing 100%. All I'm doing now is installing Metal Gear Solid 5 and have just one Google Chrome Window open, to reply to this trail. I have other laptops where I do much more while installing a game, to the extent of even downloading movies or watching YouTube videos, but they never hang. This one seems to be unable to handle any kind of load. 
  • AjithAmprail

Tinkerer

Guess what? The game has completed installation, and all I have now is Google Chrome open, but the disk still shows 100% in the Task Manager. 

• This video in Portuguese can help you: 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWESrvP_uU8
    The tips start from the sixth minute and you do not need to understand Portuguese!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• AjithAmprail

Tinkerer

This video in Portuguese can help you: 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWESrvP_uU8
    The tips start from the sixth minute and you do not need to understand Portuguese!
    Everything on the video is also in Portuguese and I can't read it to understand his instructions. 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    Make sure this video helps you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dXvtTkqavs

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• AjithAmprail

Tinkerer

Thanks for this. I followed all the instructions in the video and noticed some huge improvement with the step at 04:47. After that, I got a pop up to update Windows from Version 1803 to 1809, which I did, and noticed that the Disk usage dropped to 20% and less instantly. I don't know if this was the fix but my laptop is working fine so far. I will monitor it for a few days and revert. 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    Keep monitoring and if you have solved, accept my answer!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer