my BIOS is corrupted by malware...defaults dont work, Is there a downlaod that wil restore it

Drifty
Drifty Member Posts: 21 Troubleshooter
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
bitdefender missed the malware!! has hddo  no name  hdd1 Aspire(correct name but not hdd1) when set boot to USB, ger security lockout. If I set to legacy, can boot into winpe cd but dont know if the image will help the BIOS or not...Thanks.

[Post edited to remove inappropriate or personal content -Acer-Harvey]

Best Answers

• Gawain
    Gawain Member Posts: 373 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    with the security lockout issue when booting from usb, can you try disabling secure boot in the bios and giving it another go? (you might need to set an admin password to enable the ability to disable it)
  • Drifty
    Answer ✓
    all is well! Just have to wonder what happened. I was adding a 'game' to Portableapps.com platform when Bitdefender said 10 files bad, blocked, quarantined. I ran system scan( which seemed to get finished terribly fast) came back clean and scanned the USB portable drive, clean. Deleted the game and emptied the Quarantine area. decided to restore an earlier image in case. Thats when I found the BIOS lockout. Kind of liked the portable apps platform but leery of it now. Think Bitdefender Total security 2019 was not much help.
    Anyway, Thnx for the help!

Answers

• Gawain
    Gawain Member Posts: 373 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    with the security lockout issue when booting from usb, can you try disabling secure boot in the bios and giving it another go? (you might need to set an admin password to enable the ability to disable it)
  • Drifty
    Answer ✓
    all is well! Just have to wonder what happened. I was adding a 'game' to Portableapps.com platform when Bitdefender said 10 files bad, blocked, quarantined. I ran system scan( which seemed to get finished terribly fast) came back clean and scanned the USB portable drive, clean. Deleted the game and emptied the Quarantine area. decided to restore an earlier image in case. Thats when I found the BIOS lockout. Kind of liked the portable apps platform but leery of it now. Think Bitdefender Total security 2019 was not much help.
    Anyway, Thnx for the help!