Acer Aspire Switch 10V
Intel Atom
2GB RAM
32GB eMMC
DDR3
Universal Charger

The Switch 10's Light Indicator Turns Orange When Plugged In
And Still Dosent Turn On. I've Been Searching How To Fix This For Months
Like The Volume Up And Power Button (25 - 30 Secs) And Reconnecting The Battery Cable (Ect.)

Note That All Of This Is If The Switch Actually Manages To Turn On This
All Happens. I Was Thinking Of Putting Windows 10 (Fresh Version) On The
Switch. (I Know It Has A Lot Of Problems But I Dont Know Why.)
And Also The (Universal) Charger Has A Craclking Noise
Wich I Dont Think Affected This Problem.

The First Time I Tried To Reset The Switch To Factory, In The Middle
Of It, The Switch Ran Into A Problem Then Restart And It Was Set To 
Factory Already When It Wasnt Done, And It Dosent Have Any Wi-Fi Or
Touchscreen Drivers Installed On It (Im Thinking It Was The Interuption 
Of The Factory Reset And Windows Is Now Interrupted.) Now Whats Happening Is
If The Switch Turns On, It Would Have To Turn On With The Keyboard
Beacuse The Touchscreen Driver Is Not Installed, If You Turn It On
Without The Keyboard, Then Plug The Keyboard In, It Wont Work And
Will Be Frozen. If You Turn It On (With Keyboard) And Hold F10 You Have
Access To Touchscreen And Other Features That Are Not On The
Switch. Normally I Used To Play Games Like Roblox And Minecraft On This
Device, And Connected To A Network With A Virus On It That I Could Only
Connect To That Network Wich Probably Infected My Laptop. Ive Tried To
Reset It To Factory Mode, But Dosent Affect A Thing And Gets Stuck At
A Precentage (Cant Remember What One) That Dosent Let It Finish Off Then
Runs Into A Problem And Restarts. It Used To Have A Boot Loop, But I Fixed That.

I Was Browsing Acer Forums For A Long Time And Did Not Find My Result
So I Decided To Post This Up.

If You Know ANYTHING About This, Please Let Me
Know, Thanks.

Best Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    What is the exact model of the notebook? Example sw5-017p!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    Try this:
    a) uninstall the battery and AC adapter drivers in the device manager and also disable quick boot in power options and fast boot in bios if this option is present;
    b) then turn off the tablet and unplug it from the electrical outlet. Disconnect the lithium battery and press the power button for thirty seconds and test!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    What is the exact model of the notebook? Example sw5-017p!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Tox
    Tox Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

Thanks For Replying!
    The Model Is:

10 SW5-017P-17JJ

• Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    Try this:
    a) uninstall the battery and AC adapter drivers in the device manager and also disable quick boot in power options and fast boot in bios if this option is present;
    b) then turn off the tablet and unplug it from the electrical outlet. Disconnect the lithium battery and press the power button for thirty seconds and test!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Tox

Tinkerer

edited January 2019
    Thank You So Much For Your Help (Liked)
    Once I Get The Laptop On As The Laptop Stays Off
    Beacuse The Switch 10's Light Indicator Turns Orange When Plugged In
    And Still Dosent Turn On. I've Been Searching How To Fix This For Months
    Like The Volume Up And Power Button (25 - 30 Secs) And Reconnecting The Battery Cable (Ect.)

But Overall, Thanks For Your Help
    If You Know How To Fix This
    Please Reply :)
  • Did you reset the power by disconnecting the lithium battery and pressing the power button for thirty seconds?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Sometimes you can get stuck in a sleep mode. When that happens a long press on the power button (without pressing the volume button) will force a power off. Once you're powered down you can go ahead and turn it on normally. The power plus volume is only used to get into the Acer recovery mode.

You are likely right in thinking the aborted reset left you without the correct drivers. That's actually the norm when doing an OS reset rather than an Acer recovery. Use a different computer to download the wireless drivers from the Acer support site, transfer them with a USB thumb drive (you may need an OTG cable) and install them. Once you are back online you can download and install the rest. If you can't navigate with just the keyboard use the OTG cable to connect a hub and plug in a mouse.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Tox

Tinkerer

egydiocoelho:
    I Did, Then Reconected Everything, And Nothing Happend.

billsey:
    I had a small thought about installing the drivers then boot them from a usb.
    i held the power button for 2 min then tried to turn it on but nothing worked

I Also Have A Feeling It Needs A Windows 10 (Fresh) Beacuse
    I Have A USB With Windows 10 Home On It.

• Can you access windows 10 on this tablet?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Tox

Tinkerer

Yes, This Is Only Compatible With Windows 10 Home
    Thanks For The Drivers, Will Save Them To A USB
    Then Install Them Once I Can Turn It On :D
  • Let me see if I understood! This tablet will not turn on, correct?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Tox

Tinkerer

It Wont, Ive Tried Everything And Still No
  • Maybe this will help you:
    a) Remove the battery from the tablet, but keep it plugged in to the charger. Hold the power button and F12 key down for about 60 seconds. The device will power down and then restart with the issue resolved.
    b) watch this video:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Tox

Tinkerer

thank you, will try
  • Tox

Tinkerer

tried all of them, when i was connecting the ribbon back together, when i put it in a bit sideways by mistake for a second it flashed the blue light, when i move it certan ways, the blue light comes on, but acts like the orange light, screen not on, and staying the blue light.
  • Tox

Tinkerer

ive also seen the video before a couple of times, but now and before, it didnt work
  • Existe a possibilidade de que a bateria esteja ruim! Alguns modelos de tablet e notebook funcionam apenas quando detectam a bateria!
    Você verificou se há algum botão na bateria semelhante a esses?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Tox

Tinkerer

Are These Any Type Of Buttons For The Battery, I Dont Think So Because I Dont See Any Buttons.

São estes qualquer tipo de botões para a bateria, eu não penso assim porque eu não vejo nenhum botão
  • Tox

Tinkerer

Now The LED On The Power Button Wont Turn On, If It Is The Battery, I Will Order An AP15A3R A1 Battery Right Now.
  • It's just a guess! Ideally you had some other battery to test! There are other factors that may be preventing your tablet from turning on!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer