SF315-52 installed a mouse and now the touchpad is gone

CarrieC
CarrieC Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Touchpad has uninstalled itself.  Have tried to install driver from ACER site and nothing happens. Installation runs, and then nothing is actually installed.  

Answers

• See if the touchpad appears in the device manager as a hidden device: 
    Resultado de imagem para dispositivo oculto gerenciador de dispositivos
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • CarrieC

Tinkerer

It is no longer showing under Device Manager...
  • CarrieC

Tinkerer

It does not show under hidden devices. 

• CarrieC

Tinkerer

I installed three times the first driver, and have restarted my computer after and nothing changes. 
    The second driver link doesn't look like it contains an .exe so it doesn't do anything. 

• Have you pressed fn + f7? I see that there are two mice connected. Are you connecting an external mouse? If yes, then it is possible that this function is enabled:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • CarrieC

Tinkerer

Pressing fn and F7 didn't do anything. 
  • CarrieC

Tinkerer

I chatted with a Microsoft tech and not sure how it works now but it is installed under a unknown device and won't let me update the driver. 

I pressed this strange button at the top of the Device Manager called "Scan for Hardware changes" So it's now working but its certainly not installed correctly. 
  • OK! So you download and use the free driverbooster version to update your notebook drivers: https://www.iobit.com/en/driver-booster.php#

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited January 2019
    editado...

egydiocoelho Trailblazer