Predator PH315-51 i7-8750H GeForce GTX 1060 in-game GPU performance drop

midironman
midironman Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Purchased last month. Updated all software and NVIDIA drivers (417.35). Followed Hotel Hero's Windows Optimization except didn't mess with drive indexing. Tried MSI Afterburner, but didn't like and uninstalled. While playing The Golf Club 2019 (TGC) on Steam my GPU spikes DOWN causing the FPS to drop into the 20's and of course shuttering. Makes the game unplayable for about 4 seconds. Doesn't appear temp related - see screenshot. Happened twice in a 25 minute period. I'm only playing TGC in medium graphics level. You can see in Predator Sense the two downward spikes. The first (about in the middle) actually reads 0% usage! The second drop shows 14% usage. Thoughts?

Answers

• Did you notice if this happens just when the notebook is also using battery power? Today's high-performance notebooks also use battery power even when the power adapter is plugged into the electrical outlet for added performance!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • midironman
    Haven't noticed it on battery. Don't play much when not plugged in  Is that something I should try? Should I try gaming on battery alone to help diagnose the problem? Thanks
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited January 2019
    Not! You should play with the notebook connected to the power adapter! What I want you to notice, is if at the time the fps drops, if the battery light turns orange! This will indicate that the notebook will be using both the battery power and the power provided by the power adapter!
    Sorry for my bad English!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • midironman
    Ok, I'll watch the battery light. Thank you.