Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Please help...the laptop very lags(Acer Nitro 5 AN515-52-50WX)

Vic1980Vic1980 Posts: 3Member New User
edited January 11 in Nitro and Aspire Gaming
I bought a new laptop called Acer Nitro 5 AN515-52-50WX (2019). The laptop specs, the eye-catching design, it's everything. It has NVIDIA Gefore GTX 1050 with 4GB VRAM, 4GB RAM, Intel Core i5 8300H, and running with Windows 10. No SSD, but I have 1TB HDD inside this laptop.
But like seriously, I only installed a few apps like Chrome, Firefox, Opera and avast Antivirus. Thats All!
And even before I installed this, it lags like hell. It just freezes many times. Even when I click the search button at the bottom left corner. It just lags. It takes quite long to boot, to shutdown, and even to open an app.

My Bios is 1.22 version.

FAQ & Answers

• RedfanRedfan Posts: 58Member Devotee
    did you check device monitor? that cpu runs very hot, run notrosense at max speed and see if that helps with the throttling, you can blame it on intel for removing thermal solutions from their cpus so in turn they all overheat fast. also run userbenchmark and see that your HDD is running at a usual speed otherwise that could be hindering the speed as well.