Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Aspre TC-710 EB-51 M2 SSD installed but unable to make it the boot disk

pthpth Posts: 6Member

Tinkerer

I just installed a ADATA M2 SSD (128gb) and used EASEUS tool to clone the C drive to the new SSD.
But I was NOT able to find a way to make the SSD the boot drive.  And I was NOT able to change the C: Drive letter to something else and then name the SSD drive C drive.

Any help will be much appreciated

Peter

FAQ & Answers

• billseybillsey Posts: 5,829ACE Pathfinder
    Often the default settings for cloning software adjust the size of all partitions equally to fit the contents of a big drive on a small one. The problem with that is some of the partitions used to boot the OS need to be a fixed size. Redo the cloning and only let it resize the C: partition. Once that's done you'll be able to get the BIOS to change it's boot drive.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Who's Online102

Anshul_Joshi
Anshul_Joshi
AumShanti
AumShanti
chromey
chromey
CocytuS
CocytuS
DenizeNascimento
DenizeNascimento
Ficovka
Ficovka
hariprasath99
hariprasath99
meshswapnil
meshswapnil
oguzhanby
oguzhanby
Sakolo
Sakolo
vkk
vkk
yuansheng
yuansheng
+90 Guests

Join in, share your experience!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Announcements

Acer Community is now available in French! We are delighted to announce the addition of French to the list of supported languages in order to reach more users and expand on our mission to break the barriers between people and technology. You can access the French community from the drop down language menu located next to your username on the top right corner.

Participez aux discussions !

New Here?

Register to get all the benefits of being a member! Get social and introduce yourself in our Welcome Forum, or learn about our ACE Program and What's Happening at Acer.

Intel Extreme KAtowise 2019
Predator Join the forum discussions on our
Predator line of products.
Find out about the Acer ACE program.