Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Aspire A515-51 not resetting to factory settings

stannastanna Posts: 2Member New User
Hi All
Hope you can help. I have an Aspire A515-51 which is having problems running some of my software since Windows update KB4284835 which i cannot uninstall. I have tried every method but nothing removes it. So decided on factory reset using Alt & F10 and have found that the update is already installed even without wifi access etc. How is it doing this and how can I get a from the factory version of win 10.

Problem with software is really small fonts in Sage Accounts which cannot be changed via display etc.

Thanks for looking 

FAQ & Answers

• KamalikaKamalika Posts: 424Ally
    Hi Stanna,
    Please follow the below link to check if you are able to uninstall the windows update.
     https://www.kapilarya.com/how-to-uninstall-windows-updates-in-windows-10

Please let me know if this resolves the issue.

If I answered your question, please mark my post "accept" to make it easier for others to find the answer!
  • stannastanna Posts: 2Member New User

Thanks Kamalika

Tried all that but doesnt remove it.

I have resolved this by downloading and installing an older version of Win 10 before the update and have my software back. Fed up that factory reset is not actually a factory reset though. Come back Bill Gates and sort MS out!

• KamalikaKamalika Posts: 424Ally
    Hi Stanna,
    Thanks for your response.
     Good to know that the issue is resolved

If I answered your question, please mark my post "accept" to make it easier for others to find the answer!