Aspire 5 Laptop dies at 10%, no windows notification, black screen.

Ret
Ret Member Posts: 1 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Around a month after buying this laptop, I noticed that it would die upon reaching 10%, give or take. Deciding that this was an issue with the battery after reading forum posts regarding similar issues, I took it back to the store I bought it from and they agreed. I used the laptops warranty to have it fixed, where presumably, the battery and whatever other component causing the issue was replaced and/or repaired. When I got the laptop back it was working perfectly, the battery life (Which had also been diminishing) was back from 1 hour of light usage, to around 6 hours of light usage. It has been roughly a month since I received the laptop after being fixed, and the same exact issue is arising again. I have not tampered with anything (To my knowledge) that could have such an effect. Any and all support on this matter would be appreciated greatly, as having the laptop reset and "fixed" again would be, to put it lightly, a right pain in the *****.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,841 Trailblazer
    >>>working perfectly, the battery life (Which had also been diminishing) was back from 1 hour of light usage, to around 6 hours of light usage.>>>

If the new battery is back to 1 hr with light usage, check the charger plug voltage output with a multimeter between the inner hole and the outer connector ring. Should be 19volts. Then check the bottom of the laptop for a battery reset pinhole. If it exists, gently press a paperclip into the hole to disconnect the battery for about 30 seconds. Then let the battery rest for about 15 mins. Then plug the charger back in. Turn on the machine. When the battery is fully charged, unplug the charger and see how long it lasts under little or no usage with the screen brightness set to about 50%. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ