Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Installing HDD on Nitro Spin 5

Whiting3825Whiting3825 Posts: 2Member New User
Hi, I have the model of the Nitro Spin 5 with only a 256gb SSD, I'm wanting to install a 1TB WD Blue HDD and am just wondering if this is possible and if so how to go about installing the drive

Best Answer

• brummyfan2brummyfan2 Posts: 11,570 Trailblazer
    Accepted Answer
    Hi,
    Is it a NP515-51? If so, you have to remove the back cover to access the HDD bay, make sure that you won't void the warranty by removing the back cover, you can contact Acer Support centre in your region and get the confirmation.
    Remove 11 screws at the back, use a plastic prying tool or a plastic card to release the plastic tabs, then lift off the back cover and install the HDD.
    You need to find out whether the SATA cable is already installed in the laptop, if not you may have to buy it, open it and check and let us know.

FAQ & Answers

• brummyfan2brummyfan2 Posts: 11,570ACE Trailblazer
    Accepted Answer
    Hi,
    Is it a NP515-51? If so, you have to remove the back cover to access the HDD bay, make sure that you won't void the warranty by removing the back cover, you can contact Acer Support centre in your region and get the confirmation.
    Remove 11 screws at the back, use a plastic prying tool or a plastic card to release the plastic tabs, then lift off the back cover and install the HDD.
    You need to find out whether the SATA cable is already installed in the laptop, if not you may have to buy it, open it and check and let us know.

• Whiting3825Whiting3825 Posts: 2Member New User
    Thanks that helps lots, I will open it and check soon
  • brummyfan2brummyfan2 Posts: 11,570ACE Trailblazer
    You are welcome :)
  • Jelle123Jelle123 Posts: 5Member New User
    Hi, I also wanted to install a hdd in my laptop. Mine didnt come with a cable. Do you know what the serial number of that cable is?