Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

acer nitro 5 ryzen 2500u [task manager showing 100 cpu usage for 1-2 second]

aarishaarish Posts: 7Member

Tinkerer

edited January 9 in Nitro and Aspire Gaming

Best Answer

• RedfanRedfan Posts: 65 Devotee
    Accepted Answer
    if its any consolation, intel laptops do the same thing, 100% usage when opening task manager for a second and you can never see what caused it... regardless of the brand, this occurs in any laptop...

FAQ & Answers

• AlpineTomAlpineTom Posts: 41Member Devotee
    Sort by CPU usage to see what program/process is taxing the CPU.
  • JandusJandus Posts: 5Member

Tinkerer

I get this very same situation with the Ryzen Nitro 5.  I've reinstall Windows 10 Home a few times since I've had the laptop and regardless of the drivers installed, or programs installed for anything, it continues.  I fresh install of Windows 10 Home (with nothing else installed) will cause this problem.

AlpineTom - It happens RIGHT as you open the task manager - it freezes for a second or two at 100% and is non-responsive so by the time you get around to sorting by CPU usage, it's gone.  There's no way to tell through the task manager what is causing the freeze since the Task Manager is itself being adversely affected.

Jandus
  • Ayonhi5Ayonhi5 Posts: 37Member Troubleshooter
    Might be a problem with clogging fan vents . Had the same issue .
  • aarishaarish Posts: 7Member

Tinkerer

@Ayonhi5
    is your issue solved now
  • aarishaarish Posts: 7Member

Tinkerer

@Jandus

yeah same problem  i cannot sort it for few seconds 

• RedfanRedfan Posts: 65Member Devotee
    Accepted Answer
    if its any consolation, intel laptops do the same thing, 100% usage when opening task manager for a second and you can never see what caused it... regardless of the brand, this occurs in any laptop...