Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Acer Swift 1 Boot Menu

2»

FAQ & Answers

• ThmsThms Posts: 5Member New User
    Hello guys !
    I have the same laptop, and right after the first boot on windows I installed a ssd to put a debian on it.
    I activated the F12 and disabled secure boot. Installation was ok and I'm able to write this from debian on a ssd.
    But I noticed a small problem when going back in bios, I only see the save and exit page and can't do anything. I tried to boot back to windows to update the bios but windows crashed anytime.
    Do you have the same problem ? 
    Thx !
  • WindowsfreeWindowsfree Posts: 29Member Enthusiast
    edited January 10
    Thms said:
    Hello guys !
    I have the same laptop, and right after the first boot on windows I installed a ssd to put a debian on it.
    I activated the F12 and disabled secure boot. Installation was ok and I'm able to write this from debian on a ssd.
    But I noticed a small problem when going back in bios, I only see the save and exit page and can't do anything. I tried to boot back to windows to update the bios but windows crashed anytime.
    Thx !
    I am not dual booting.
    ~Bob

• Mateo620Mateo620 Posts: 87Member Fixer
    Thms said:
    Hello guys !
    Thx !

What do you see in System Configuration?

I had an issue with dual boot and changed the Default OS.
    Thms said:
    Hello guys !
    Thx !
    I am not dual booting.
    And you have still access to the bios ?
    Mateo620 said:
    Thms said:
    Hello guys !
    Thx !

I'm afraid I can't reach this prog as my windows crashes shortly after startup.
    edited January 10
    Thms said:
    Thms said:
    Hello guys !
    Thx !
    I am not dual booting.
    And you have still access to the bios ?
    I will have to check in a few hours as I am away from the laptop at this time.  did you try [https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-access-advanced-startup-options-in-windows-10-or-8-2626229  ]  ?
    ~Bob

Thms said:
    Mateo620 said:
    Thms said:
    Hello guys !
    Thx !

I'm afraid I can't reach this prog as my windows crashes shortly after startup.
    Sounds like your dual boot setup is not setup properly.
    I don't need the dual boot, I will use only linux. My only concern is the bios which I can't enter. I would like to update the bios but as windows crash it's not that easy.
    edited January 11
    I did the bios update while in windows because the update file is an executable windows file.  If you have a bootable Windows USB drive you may be able to do it that way.  After beginning the executable file it will automatically update the BIOS.   I don't know if you really need that update though.  The only difference that I could see was a bit better power management in Windows OS.  
    But now I no longer have the Windows OS on the machine and enjoying Manjaro Linux.
    ~Bob

That's really strange that you cannot enter the BIOS!  :/ So sorry.

You may also be able to update the BIOS by putting it on a USB flash drive and doing a BIOS recovery.

Improved power management sounds great. I noticed there's now a setting to enable/disable Fast Boot.