Acer Aspire TC-780-UR12 Graphics card size

ControlsEngineer
ControlsEngineer Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 1 in 2019 Archives

Hi guys, I just bought a new Acer from Amazon and I am pretty stoked.  I would like to upgrade the graphics card to the EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 XC

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07JB58VK6/ref=crt_ewc_title_srh_6?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Obviously the power supply is going up also.  I also dropped in a new M2, and franky I feel like I am getting a 2300$ machine for about 1800$ all said and done. 

My question is the dimensions.  Acer has that large block of sheet metal inside the case.  Will a large graphics card fit in this machine?

Thanks,

Best Answer

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    From the amazon link you have given the graphics card has given dimensions, so you can measure the free space that you have inside the case and find out whether it will fit or not.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    From the amazon link you have given the graphics card has given dimensions, so you can measure the free space that you have inside the case and find out whether it will fit or not.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!