Factory Default Backup

Synchroni
Synchroni Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 1 in 2019 Archives
using the Acer Care Center I created a "Factory Default Backup" on a USB key.  Your user guide suggested a 16GB USB key (32gb Recommended), 32GB I used.  When the process was finished I checked the USB key to see that only 9GB was used.

Is there a reason for 32GB, if ever needed in the future is the remaining odd 21GB used during install (possibly unpacking files)  I ask because I have a 16GB key that I don't use.

thanks.

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,883 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    The 32GB suggested thing just allows Acer a hole card for when Microsoft passes the 16GB figure. A 16GB is fine with your model.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    If Acer Care Centre doesn't let you use 16GB drive, I suggest you to type in windows search 'create a recovery drive'. Follow the steps and make sure you select 'back up system files to recovery drive' before proceeding further.

There is no reason why you would use 32GB instead of 16GB, so you can use the 16GB drive.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,883 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    The 32GB suggested thing just allows Acer a hole card for when Microsoft passes the 16GB figure. A 16GB is fine with your model.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.