How to fix my idle temperature?

MudBud
MudBud Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hey , after 1 month of having Helios 300 my idle temperature rose from 40-45 degrees to 55-59Celsius . I cleaned the fans from dust with an air-compressed spray but nothing really happened.

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 4,002 Pathfinder
    @MudBud
    Predator and Nitro products are engineered to withstand higher operating temperatures than traditional notebooks. These systems include features that help with cooling and heat dispersion. The CPU and GPU are designed to handle temperature spikes in excess of 98 degrees Celsius without causing damage to the components. It is common for PC temperatures to spike temporarily during heavy gaming or graphic usage. If the system encounters excessive temperatures that could damage the hardware, it will automatically shut down to protect the components from becoming damaged.

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,735 Pathfinder
    Check your windows updates. Are you sure windows isn't doing something in the background? Disable all unnecessary background services, including search, unless you use it multiple times every single day. For a normal home user, you don't really need it. Optimizing windows should help you reduce idle temps significantly.
    -----
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
  • ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    To check if your system is doing something in the background open task manager and check the CPU usage when the system is idle.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!