Slow USB 3.0 speed while trying to transfer files on my Acer Aspire e5-575g-53-vg

ArturSkuliar
ArturSkuliar Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello everyone!

Sorry for the russian text, but in general you can see that the speed of the transfer is really low when it should be 40 mb/s min, maybe up to 80 mb/s. I was searching through the internet and found that I might need to update my USB drivers, tried several drivers but had no luck to fix the issue. Any ideas how I can fix this?
I have Windows 10 Pro installed (Build 17134.472).

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 98,297 Trailblazer
    edited January 2019
    Hi! I suggest you update the drivers with the free driverbooster version! However, I recommend that you turn on system protection and also disable quick boot in power options and restart the notebook!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • ArturSkuliar

Tinkerer

Oi! Eu sugiro que você atualize os drivers com a versão gratuita do driverbooster! No entanto, eu recomendo que você ative a proteção do sistema e também desative a inicialização rápida nas opções de energia e reinicie o notebook!
    From what I've translated I've understood you're suggesting to try:
    1. use Drivebooster to update all existing drivers that will be found
    2. disable startup for all apps and reboot the notebook and see if that hepls
    Is that correct?
  • Sorry for not translating: Hi! I suggest you update the drivers with the free driverbooster version! However, I recommend that you turn on system protection and also disable quick boot in power options and restart the notebook!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • ArturSkuliar

Tinkerer

Sorry for not translating: Hi! I suggest you update the drivers with the free driverbooster version! However, I recommend that you turn on system protection and also disable quick boot in power options and restart the notebook!
    Can you please provide a screenshot where do I need to turn on system protection and disable quick boot in power options?
  • Yes! See you:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ArturSkuliar

Tinkerer

Yes! See you:

I've followed your instructions but unfortunately it didn't give a result, the transfer speed is still low. Any other ideas?
  • Can you send a photo of the device manager with the ush 3.0 port idhardware?
    Resultado de imagem para idhardare

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ArturSkuliar

Tinkerer

Can you send a photo of the device manager with the ush 3.0 port idhardware?
    Resultado de imagem para idhardare
    Sure, here you go:
    USB\ROOT_HUB30&VID8086&PID9D2F&REV0021
    USB\ROOT_HUB30&VID8086&PID9D2F
    USB\ROOT_HUB30&VID8086&PID9D2F

• Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ArturSkuliar

Tinkerer

This is a driver for ASUS notebook with AMD graphics, my notebook doesn't accept it. 
  • You should try to put in high performance in the device manager and test, see:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ArturSkuliar

Tinkerer

You should try to put in high performance in the device manager and test, see:

I haven't managers to find it in the device manager for some reason.. But I went into my USB flash device properties and found a list of hardware devices, see screenshot below:

Then I went into properties of an SRT USB USB Device and by clicking "Change Settings" found High performance setting that you showed me and enabled it.
    It didn't help though :(
  • ArturSkuliar

Tinkerer

@egydiocoelho btw, here's another example how the speed drops during the file transfer:

In the beginning it started with around 50-60 megabytes/s and then suddenly dropped.
  • Is your device compatible with usb 3.0? I'd like to remind you that while being compatible, devices do not usually reach full speed!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ArturSkuliar

Tinkerer

Is your device compatible with usb 3.0? I'd like to remind you that while being compatible, devices do not usually reach full speed!
    Sure thing it is, let me give you a link to check:
    https://www.amazon.com/Strontium-Nitro-Android-Mobile-Devices/dp/B01BD9YGN8
  • OK! Connect the usb device and then verify that the driverbooster or driverpack identifies the specific drivers: http://download.drp.su/17-online/DriverPack-17-Online_1210736975.1547985866.exe

egydiocoelho Trailblazer