Options
NicolasBA
NicolasBA Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hello Acer Community!

My device information is as follow:
Laptop Model: Acer Swift 3 SF314-54G-51ZK
Hard Disk Model: Toshiba MQ04ABF100, 2.5 inch

1. Is it normal for the hard disk to produce small noises? I can't describe what the noises are like because I don't know what it's called in English, but it's like a needle moving on a patterned metal plate. The noises are small but easy to hear when in a quite room. They are always existence with random interval (most of the times exist, sometimes gone). I don't exactly know is it truly the hard disk or is it another component, but the noises come from inside the laptop in the area where the "P" button located. I believe it's not the fan because the fan noise is distinguishable.

2. If it's really the hard disk and it's not normal, can the hard disk be replaced?

3. Does anyone has the same problem?

4. (I'm sorry this is a little out of topic) Does my model support an extra RAM and SSD slot?

Thank you in advance Acer Community! I'm sorry for my bad English.

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Options
    The way you describe the noise seems to be the hard disk. It is normal to hear noises from the HDD as it has mechanical parts moving inside, which produce noise. I have an HDD in my laptop and it also produces a noise similar to what you described.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!