Trying to allocate more ram to Intel(R) HD Graphics 620?

WetTent
WetTent Member Posts: 2 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
I have an Acer Aspire E15 E-5 575... I5 7200U With 12gb of DDR4, my dxdiag is telling me i have 6gb belonging to the GPU, but my display settings told me i could allocate more ram to the card through BIOS, but i cant seem to find out how. At this moment i have an allocated amount of 512mb, i am looking to allocate about 4000mb to the GPU. How can i do this?

Best Answer

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,436 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Hi,
    You can not allocate more memory to graphics for this card, it will be handled by the system.

• Changing the pre-allocated memory can only be done in bios! However, this change may cause your notebook to turn a brick and this is one reason why manufacturers do not release the advanced features!
    These 512mb are taken from the system's ram memory! However, when needed, the system can release up to 4GB if needed! I hope you understood because my English is bad!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)