Burned marks on the screen after installing new NVIDIA drivers

Climbatize
Climbatize Member Posts: 2 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi, i have an "Acer nitro 5" gaming laptop, when i bought it (about 8 months ago) there were no problems. But from time to time i was installing newest nvidia drivers from nvidia official website and for about a month ago i noticed something become wrong with running games: there was this strange lag and stutter nearly on all of them, as if my computer became too weak to handle them. I tried every possible thing that has to do with drivers, i tried to fully uninstall video driver, then make a clean install of EOS drivers and so on and so on - it did not help (i haven't tried formatting though, because i believed the bromles lies elsewhere). Then about a week or two ago nvidia released new drivers, so i installed them and VOILA - games started to run as smoothly as they should, only i was gifted an unpleasant thing that looks like "burn" marks on my screen, and it doesn't want to go away. I tried several methods posted on the next including leaving screen for several hours with blank white and such, but for no avail.
I will insert a picture here of how the marks look, you will definitely find them, also the marks persecute me wherever i go, but mostly appear when there's dark background. I would like to know if it's even possible to "repair" it without sending to warranty? Thanks

Answers

• Climbatize
    Climbatize Member Posts: 2 New User
    sorry, couldn't edit comment because of error: { "Code": 403, "Exception": "You need the Vanilla.Discussions.Edit permission to do that.", "Class": "Gdn_UserException" }" - so i'll post a second one
    It seems print screen function doesn't show the issue, so i made a photo of it with a phone camera (bad quality because camera is ruined)