Screen Replacement from TN to IPS

mihfahim
mihfahim Member Posts: 2 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
I have a Aspire A5 515 51G 59UX 
I LCD screen is in need of replacement I was wondering if this laptop screen can be upgraded to IPS from the existing TN panel also can it be upgraded to 1080p from the current 768p
The screen I'm thinking about using is 

B156HAN01.2 

Will my laptop support this panel

Best Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 98,297 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Hi! According to the service manual, these are the screens compatible with the a515-51 model:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    I can not make the manual available! However, I can make some photos available so you can change the screen! This video also shows how to unmount the notebook: 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGy1Dq00C9U
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    Hi! According to the service manual, these are the screens compatible with the a515-51 model:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• mihfahim
    mihfahim Member Posts: 2 New User
    Can have a link to the service manual? 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    I can not make the manual available! However, I can make some photos available so you can change the screen! This video also shows how to unmount the notebook: 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGy1Dq00C9U

egydiocoelho Trailblazer