My predator Helios 300 won't turn on

XrubyFrog
XrubyFrog Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
I was working and and suddenly my laptop shutdown ,And now it won't turn on again I need it for my work I tried to remove the RAM and plug it but nothing Happened I tried the battery reset but nothing again help me please I realy need it
Thanks for your help

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    There is nothing else you can do. If you have important data you can take the HDD and SSD out and connect then on another device to move the data. If there are warranty void stickers preventing you access to the HDD and M.2 SSD, you can ask Acer if they can back up your data or simply leave the drives intact(I am not sure if they can do that).
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• XrubyFrog

Tinkerer

ven98 said:
    There is nothing else you can do. If you have important data you can take the HDD and SSD out and connect then on another device to move the data. If there are warranty void stickers preventing you access to the HDD and M.2 SSD, you can ask Acer if they can back up your data or simply leave the drives intact(I am not sure if they can do that).
    Is the motherboard broken ?
  • What is the exact model of notebook? Example an51-551!
    When you try to plug the notebook into an electrical outlet, do the battery and power lights come on? Already tested with another adapter and another electrical outlet? Are the electrical outlets grounded?The current notebooks also have a power interruption button, so I need to know the exact model of the notebook!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • XrubyFrog

Tinkerer

What is the exact model of notebook? Example an51-551!
    When you try to plug the notebook into an electrical outlet, do the battery and power lights come on? Already tested with another adapter and another electrical outlet? Are the electrical outlets grounded?
    The current notebooks also have a power interruption button, so I need to know the exact model of the notebook!
    The power lights don't turn on i don't have another adaptater what grounded means sorry i'm not a well English-speaker and how do I see the the momodel number ?
  • xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    edited January 2019
    Your model number it's on the bottom black sticker near the SN and SNID did u checked if you adapter is working properly with a voltmeter it might be the adapter or in the worst case the board itself fried as @ven98 said if u don't have any seals take your hdd/ssd out before u send it and back it up because they will not backup anything you will loose all data warranty does not cover data losses neither cover data backup in any manufacturer never had and never will and what @egydiocoelho meant by grounded its if you sockets have earthing wire (yellow/green) and if it's really connected

With a bit of luck i hope it will be just your adapter and u just need to buy a new one

Earthing (grounding)

A third contact for a connection to earth is intended to protect against insulation failure of the connected device. Some early unearthed plug and socket types were revised to include an earthing pin or phased out in favour of earthed types.
    Different types of plug are used for different IEC appliance classes. The assigned class depends on whether the device is earthed and the degree of insulation it incorporates. Class I, for example, refers to earthed equipment that requires a third contact in the plug and socket, while Class II refers to unearthed equipment protected by double insulation.

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • XrubyFrog

Tinkerer

What is the exact model of notebook? Example an51-551!
    When you try to plug the notebook into an electrical outlet, do the battery and power lights come on? Already tested with another adapter and another electrical outlet? Are the electrical outlets grounded?
    The current notebooks also have a power interruption button, so I need to know the exact model of the notebook!
    @xapim
     The model is G3-571-77QK
    A friend has a multimeter I'ill use it Tomorrow to check all the electricals issues possible 
    Yes the the socket is grounded
  • OK! However I suggest you check this button:

It may not be properly pressed and when this happens, the notebook will not turn on!
    To solve this, put some layers of electrical tape to press the button:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• XrubyFrog

Tinkerer

OK! However I suggest you check this button:

It may not be properly pressed and when this happens, the notebook will not turn on!
    To solve this, put some layers of electrical tape to press the button:

I tried this but it still doesn't work :(
  • If your notebook is not under warranty, I suggest you unplug the internal lithium battery and press the power button for thirty seconds! If it is under warranty, I think the best option would be to take some Acer service center in your country, so that the notebook is repaired!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• HELIOShelp
    HELIOShelp Member Posts: 40 Troubleshooter
    I've had the same issue with mine does your blue indicator turn on for around 6-7 seconds before disappearing?