New Acer Spin 1 freezes randomly when in use.

Options
lovec741
lovec741 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
My new (12 days old) Acer Spin 1 (SP111-32N-P6V8)  freezes comletely (cant use my keyboard or my bluetooth mouse) and I have to turn it off using the button on the side. It happens quite often (once in 1-2 hours of use). Do you have any tips to fix this ? (I would rather not do a reinstall.)

Answers

• Jack22
    Jack22 ACE Posts: 3,750 Pathfinder
    Options
    @lovec741
    I would suggest you to wipe off the data clean.. Nothing but doing a Factory reset. So once you do it you will have the basic operating system.
    This might fix the issue 

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • Crackers
    Crackers Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    My 2-month old Spin 1 (Spin 111-32N-P2V2) is also freezing completely and need to turn it off and restart each time. I also would rather not do a reinstall / factory reset. I have tried reinstalling VGA video and audio drives as per Aspire's similar problems (Acer-endorsed fix), but this has not fixed it for the Spin. The screen freeze is particularly bad in Photos, but has been doing it in other programs.
    Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
  • fioneqq
    fioneqq Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I have the same problem too for my Acer Spin 1 - it is quite annoying! Is factory reset the only way out... ? Acer any comments?
  • Crackers
    Crackers Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    Still happening. I'll post a new question, might be higher likelihood of getting a response.