USB Flash /Black Screen help

youngrob
youngrob Member Posts: 4 New User
edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi,
I wonder if anyone could help with the following.  My daughters Aspire E5-411 has jut developed what I think in Black screen.  Basically after pressing the on button the screen is black and then fade's to white.  I've tried for days reading the forums etc, removing battery and holding down power button and so on with no success.  I thought I was onto something with a BIOS flash from USB but I'm struggling to find the correct .fd.  I've downloaded the recenet BIOS file, extracted to my laptop but I can only see 2 BIN files (ZXM.BIN and ZXMB.BIN).  I used a hex reader tool to open the ZXM.BIN and renamed the actual file to 000070079.fd, copied to a FAT32 USB and performed the CNTRL/ESC/Power routine but nothing even though the light does flash.  I dont think I have the correct .BIN/.fd file name.  Can anyone help please.
Thanks

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 98,297 Trailblazer
    edited January 2019
    Hi! Have you checked if an image is displayed on an external monitor? Did you try to update the bios before presenting the problem?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • youngrob
    No image is displayed on an external monitor.  The fan runs but wont boot.  There was no attempt to flash BIOS prior to issue either.
  • OK! Try to do a power reset first. To do this, turn off the notebook completely and unplug it from the electrical outlet, and then disconnect the lithium battery. Now press the power button for thirty seconds and test!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • youngrob
    thanks and Ive tried the power reset several times with no luck.  Ona normal boot the laptop screen starts blank and fades to white.  On a CNTRL/ESC USB boot the screen stays black and the power light flashes.  It looks like the laptop cant see the BIOS on normal boot but also cant find the correct file on USB on CNTR/ESC boot.

• I'm not sure if the problem is in the bios! Is your notebook still in the warranty period? Have you tried removing the memory rams?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• youngrob
    removed and replaced the RAM and still the same issue.  Ive read some reports about the flash loosing setting and thats why I thought that may help but cant find the relevant .fd file.